Oh bless your heart; it’s monday. As a woman that adores her bed about as much as she adores her friends (… don’t tell them), I understand your reluctance to leave the comfort of your sheets to venture into the real world. Now, while nothing I say will quell the ache of a Monday, I want to offer my advice on how to make your morning a little easier.
Whether you spend your days in school, at the office, or should we be so lucky, working from home, it’s incredibly important that you have a tidy, functional, oh so inspiring work space that gets your juices flowing! I promise that I’m not just saying this because of my office supply obsession… it’s proven that where you work has an annoying correlation to how you work. My dream space is highly unrealistic within this sweet little box that I call home, but following five simple steps we can turn an uninspiring desk into a monday morning sanctuary.
- Seating: Chic seating is a dream but highly unrealistic. Instead, opt for comfy! Adding a throw pillow or seat cushion will make the transition from bed to desk much more manageable. Pick something that your back will love and will leave you smiling when you pack up for a snack break.
- Pretties: Who said a desk shouldn’t be pretty? It’s okay to spend an extra ten or twenty here or there to make such a large part of your day pretty. Having flowers on your desk, ideally given to you by a special someone but most likely bought on sale at Hobby Lobby, can be quite the pick me up during an especially tiring project.
- A Desk Tray: Instead of using those awful plastic desk drawers, opt for a tray to keep all your goodies in… even if those goodies are term papers and chem notes.
- Cute Desk Supplies: Never underestimate the power of lovely pens and sassy accessories. You’ll be surprised at how appealing it is writing those notes when you like what you’re writing with.
- Good Lighting: Whether your lamp shows a little leg or none at all, make sure you’re seeing what you’re doing. If you’re relying solely on your overhead light, stop and readjust. Your eyes and your desk will thank you.
Now before you shatter your bank account or rob a bank (don’t do it, it’s not worth the effort), I highly encourage you to simply look around your home for ‘happy’ pieces that will brighten up your space! These treasures can be hidden in your living room, your kitchen, or on your roommate’s desk (just don’t get caught!).
Have fun creating a desk space that makes monday more manageable and leaving your bed a little less painful!
The Girl Behind the Blog,